Self Compassion for Parents of Children with Special Needs
Fourth in a Series
This is a webinar for parents of children with special needs (neurotypical and neurodivergent), who are struggling with managing the stress and complex impact of raising a child with special needs.
The content is especially relevant for parents who find themselves or other family members stuck in self-criticism and feelings of not being “good enough”, or struggling with a sense of guilt and shame.
This 75 min webinar will provide parents and caregivers with information essential to understanding what is self-compassion, its essential role in family life, coping with stress, enduring pain, and experiencing joy.
Objectives of the webinar:
1. Provide basic information about self-compassion.
2. Provide information on the impact of self-criticism on our nervous system.
3. Follow a step-by-step exercise on how to establish a practice of self-compassion for yourself.
4. Learn how to introduce your child to the practice of self-compassion.
5. Review self-compassion from the context of self/family-sustainability.
Make sure you have at hand a notepad, several print papers (A4), and pencil/pens and some crayons or markers.
Parents, caregivers, and family members of children and family members with special needs.
Cost: Click on the $ sign above to complete the purchase.